ELFM IV Symposium Book (ed. Jones & Machiels, February 2018): This book offers a total of 50 papers, grouped according to 4 thematic categories: (1) Geophysics, remediation, pre-processing and metal extraction technologies for Enhanced Landfill Mining; (2) Thermal valorisation technologies for Enhanced Landfill Mining; (3) Upcycling technologies for Enhanced Landfill Mining; (4) Multi-criteria assessment for Enhanced Landfill Mining. The wide diversity of participants reflects EURELCO’s “quadruple helix” approach, which is essential to obtain and maintain the “Social License to Operate”, in which ELFM is fully integrated in a wider, system-level transition to a low-carbon, circular economy. Download here.
ETN SOCRATES Peer-reviewed Papers
- Ivan Korolev, Pelin Altinkaya, Petteri Halli, Pyry-Mikko Hannula, Kirsi Yliniemi, Mari Lundström, Electrochemical recovery of minor concentrations of gold from cyanide-free cupric chloride leaching solutions, Journal of Cleaner Production 186 (2018) 840–850, DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.03.177
ETN SOCRATES ESR Conference Papers
- T. Palden, M. Regadío, K. Binnemans, Selective solvometallurgical leaching of lead and zinc from jarosite residue of the zinc industry, Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Enhanced Landfill Mining (ELFM 2018), Mechelen, 2018. Download here.
SOCRATES’ benchmark review paper on zero-waste valorisation concept:
- K. Binnemans, et al., Towards zero-waste valorisation of rare-earth-containing industrial process residues: a critical review, Journal of Cleaner Production, 99, 2015, 17-38. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2015.02.089
SOCRATES benchmark paper on Zn and Pb recovery from residues
- M.A. Reuter, et al., Lead, Zinc and their Minor Elements: Enablers of a Circular Economy, World of Metallurgy – ERZMETALL, 68 (3), 2015, 134-148.
- J. Hoang, et al., Top submerged lance direct zinc smelting, Minerals Engineering, 22, 2009, 742–751. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mineng.2008.12.014
“Landfill mining Classics” – the most cited ELFM review papers and position papers:
- J. Krook, et al., Landfill mining: A critical review of two decades of research, Waste Management, 32, 2012, 513-520. 10.1016/j.wasman.2011.10.015
- P.T. Jones, et al., Enhanced Landfill Mining in view of multiple resource recovery: a critical review, Journal of Cleaner Production, 55, 2013, 45-55. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2012.05.021
- S. Van Passel, et al., The economics of enhanced landfill mining: private and societal performance drivers, Journal of Cleaner Production, 55, 2013, 92-102. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2012.03.024
All other peer-reviewed papers on ELFM:
Full overview of downloadable papers is available here